Founded in 1920, Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT), which is under the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, is a national key university that provides multidisciplinary studies in science and technology. It offers specializations in science, engineering, management, arts, economics, law, and many other fields. It is a member of the C9 League and is one of the first universities to be part of Project 211 and Project 985.
Together with the Shenzhen Municipal Government, HIT createdthe Harbin Institute of Technology, Shenzhen (HITSZ), which was established in 2002 as HIT Shenzhen Graduate School and currently serves as a key campus of HIT. Recently, the Ministry of Education has officially approved that HITSZ will provide undergraduate education. With a brand-new look, HITSZ will follow the HIT tradition and carry forward the Shenzhen spirit to serve as a contributor to national and regional economic and social development.
To achieve its development goals as soon as possible, HITSZ will select deans from around the world with a world-class education and management experience for six schools, namely the School of Computer Science and Technology, the School of Electronic and Information Engineering, the School of Mechanical Engineering and Automation, the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, the School of Materials Science and Engineering, and the School of Architecture and Urban Planning.
Requirements and qualifications:
1. Under the age of 65 and in good health;
2. Identifies with the HIT culture and is willing to contribute to its development;
3. Served in leadership positions of research/teaching units of world-class universities, colleges, and above with great skills in organizational management and discipline development planning;
4. A lifelong professor of a world-class university in the field of relevant international disciplines with an important influence and is available to work for at least three (3) months every year at the school; or is an academician from the Chinese Academy of Science or the Chinese Academy of Engineering.
1. Execute development planning for the school to a satisfactory level and lead the school’s rapid development;
2. Introduce a high-caliber teaching staff and build a world-class faculty;
3. Lead and promote the development of the school’s main academic direction, with one to two academic directions reaching world-class standards in five years;
4. Carry out substantial and long-term cooperation with relevant schools or disciplines of world-class universities in such areas as personnel training and scientific research.
HITSZ will provide its deans with favorable salary and living benefits as well as a high starting position on the career platform. If you are interested in joining us and working together to create a better future, please feel free to contact us anytime.
Contact: Mr. Wang