Room 310, Building C, HIT Campus, Shenzhen University Town, Xili, Shenzhen, P.R.China （518055）
Prof Yu Zhou has authored or co-authored more than 300 technical papers, including 150 archival journal articles, with more than 20 published in prestigious Journal of Fluid Mechanics. Two articles have been placed in the TOP 1% MOST CITED ARTICLES within the field in 2005 and 2007 by THOMSON according to Essential Science IndicatorsSM. His work has received more than 2000 ISI citations. Received a number of awards, including 2003 VSJ Best Paper Award Medal awarded by the Visualization Society of Japan, recipient of the prestigious Chinese national “1000 Scholar Scheme” in 2010, recipient of 2013-2014 Distinguished Visiting Scientist Scheme from CSIRO (Australia), and one of 20 elected Fellows of the Australasian Fluid Mechanics Society. He serves as Associate Editor for AIAA Journal since 2015.
Turbulent shear flows including bluff-body wakes, jets, and boundary layers; aerodynamics (wings, ramps and vehicles);turbulence control; flow-induced vibrations (offshore structures, nuclear reactors)
|RESEARCH & WORK EXPERIENCE|
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION & ACADEMIC SERVICE
RESEARCH ACHIEVEMENT & AWARDS
Mi J and Zhou Y 2008 A mixing-controllable gas burner, Patent No. 200810178796.4, Chinese Patent Office.
Zhou Y and Mi J 2009 A mixing-controllable pulverized-coal burner, Patent No. 201010150461.9. Chinese Patent Office.
|PAPER & BOOK PUBLICATIONS|
Zhou Y, Liu Y, Huang L X & Hodges D (ed.) 2013 Fluid-Structure-Sound Interaction and Control. Springer-Verlag, pp 1-447.
Zhou Y, Lucey T, Liu Y, Huang L X (ed.) 2016 Fluid-Structure-Sound Interaction and Control. Springer-Verlag,pp 1-446.
Selected archive journals:
1. Chen J G, Zhou T M, Antonia R A, Zhou Y 2016 Comparison between passive scalar and velocity fields in a turbulent cylinder wake, Journal of Fluid Mechanics. Accepted.
2. Alam M M, Bai H L, Zhou Y 2016 The wake of two staggered square cylinders, Journal of Fluid Mechanics. 801, 475-507.
3. Xu S J, Zhang W G, Gan L, Li S J, Zhou Y 2016 Experimental study of flow around polygon cylinders, Journal of Fluid Mechanics. In press.
4. Chen J G, Zhou Y, Zhou T M, Antonia R A 2016 Three-dimensional vorticity, momentum and heat transport in a turbulent cylinder wake, Journal of Fluid Mechanics. 809, 135-167.
5. Yang H and Zhou Y 2016 Axisymmetric jet manipulated using two unsteady minijets, Journal of Fluid Mechanics. 808, 362-396.
6. Yang H, Zhou Y, So R. M. C. and Liu Y 2016 Asymmetrically manipulated turbulent jet using two unsteady minijets, Proceedings A of Royal Society. 472, 20160417.
7. Younis M Y, Alam M M and Zhou Y 2016 Fluid-Structure Interactions between Two Nonparallel Tandem Cylinders, Physics of Fluids. In press.
8. Azmi A M, Zhou T, Zhou Y, Cheng L 2016 Statistical analyses of a screen cylinder wake, Fluid Dynamics Research. Accepted.
9. Xu S J, Gan L, Zhou Y 2016 Flow interaction between a streamwise oscillating cylinder and a downstream stationary cylinder. Experiments in Fluids. Accepted.
10. Zhou Y & Alam M M 2016 Wake of two interacting circular cylinders: a review, International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow. 62, 510-537.
11. Wang L, Wong C W, Lu Z, Wu Z and Zhou Y 2016 A Novel Sawtooth DBD Plasma Actuator for Flow Separation Control, AIAA Journal. Accepted.
12. Tang S L, Antonia R A, Danaila L, Djenidi L, Zhou T M and Zhou Y 2016 Towards local isotropy of higher order statistics in the intermediate wake, Experiments in Fluids. 57, 111.
13. Tang S L, Antonia R A, Djenidi L, Danaila L and Zhou Y 2016 Boundedness of the mixed velocity-temperature derivative skewness in homogeneous isotropic turbulence, Physics of Fluids. 28, 095102.
14. Wu Z, Zhou Y, Cao H L & Li W J 2016 Closed-loop Enhancement of Jet Mixing under Extremum-seeking and Physics-based Strategies, Experiments in Fluids. 57, 1-14.
15. Wang H, Peng S, Zhou Y, He X 2016 Transition along a finite-length cylinder in the presence of a thin boundary layer, Experiments in Fluids. 57. 66. 10 pages.
16. Wang H, Zhou Y, Zou C, He X 2016 Aerodynamic Drag Reduction of an Ahmed Body Based on Deflectors, Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics. 148, 34-44.
17. Lou X, Zhou T M, Zhou Y, Wang H F & Cheng L 2016 Experimental Investigation on Wake Characteristics behind a Yawed Square Cylinder, Journal of Fluids and Structures. 61, 274-294.
18. Zhang B F, Zhou Y and To S 2015 Unsteady flow structures around a high-drag Ahmed body, Journal of Fluid Mechanics. 777, 291-326.
19. Tang S L, Antonia R A, Djenidi L & Zhou Y 2015 Transport equation for the isotropic turbulent energy dissipation rate in the far-wake of a circular cylinder, Journal of Fluid Mechanics. 784, 109-129.
20. Tang S L, Antonia R A, Djenidi L & Zhou Y 2015 Complete self-preservation along the axis of a circular cylinder far-wake, Journal of Fluid Mechanics. 786, 253-274.
21. Tang S L, Djenidi L, Antonia R A& Zhou Y 2015 On the extraction of coherent structures with the proper orthogonal decomposition method, Experiments in Fluids. 56. 169. 12 pages.
22. Wu Z, Wong C M, Wang L, Zhu Y, Zhou Y 2015 A rapidly settled closed-loop control for airfoil aerodynamics based on plasma actuation, Experiments in Fluids. 56. 158.
23. Tang S L, Antonia R A ,Djenidi L, Abe H, Zhou T, Danaila L and Zhou Y 2015 Transport equation for the mean turbulent energy dissipation rate on the centreline of a fully developed channel flow, Journal of Fluid Mechanics. 777, 151-177.
24. Vinogradov I and Zhou Y 2015 Active control of rotor-stator interaction noise using stator-mounted actuators, AIAA Journal. 53, 150-160. Doi: 10.2514/1.J053031
25. Bai H L, Zhou Y, Zhang W G, Xu S J, Wang Y & Antonia R A 2014 Active Control of Turbulent Boundary Layer Based on Local Surface Perturbation, Journal of Fluid Mechanics 750, 316-354.
26. Wang S, Zhou Y, Alam M M& Yang H 2014 Turbulent intensity and Reynolds number effects on an airfoil at low Reynolds numbers, Physics of Fluids. 26, 115107. 25 pages.
27. Wong C W, Zhou Y, Alam M M& Zhou T M 2014 Dependence of flow classification on the Reynolds number for a two-cylinder wake, Journal of Fluids and Structures, 49, 485-497.
28. Wang H F, Cao H L & Zhou Y 2014 POD analysis of a finite-length cylinder near wake, Experiments in Fluids. 55, 1750 (15 pages).
29. Alam M M, Zhou Y 2013 Intrinsic features of flow around two side-by-side square cylinders, Physics of Fluids, 25, 085106.
30. Wang X W, Zhou Y, Pin Y F, Chan T L 2013 Turbulent near wake of an Ahmed vehicle model, Experiments in Fluids, 54, 1490.
31. Zhou Y, Du C, Mi J, Wang X W 2012 Turbulent round jet control using two steady mini-jets, AIAA Journal 50, 736-740.
32. Wang H F, MohdRazali S F, Zhou T M, Zhou Y, Cheng L 2012 Streamwise evolution of an inclined-cylinder wake, Experiments in Fluids. 53, 423-436.
33. Alam M M, Zhou Y, Wang X W 2011 The wake of two side-by-side square cylinders, Journal of Fluid Mechanics 669, 432–471.
34. Wang X W, Zhou Y & Wong W O 2011 Turbulent flow structure and swirl number effect in a cyclone, Journal of Fluids Engineering 133, 111103 (10 pages.
35. Zhou Y, Yang H X, M MAlam, Guo H & Wood D 2011 Aerodynamics of an airfoil at very low Reynolds number and small to large angle of attack, International Journal of Heat & Fluid Flow 32 329–339.
36. Zhou Y &Bai H L 2011 Recent advances in active control of turbulent boundary layers, SCIENCE CHINA, Physics, Mechanics & Astronomy, 54, 1289-1295. Invited review.
37. Alam M M, Zhou Y, Zhao J M, Flamand O &Boujard O 2010 Classification of the tripped cylinder wake and bi-stable phenomenon, International Journal of Heat & Fluid Flow 31, 545-560.
38. Bai H L, Li W J, Chow W & Zhou Y 2010 A Carbon Nanotube Sensor for Wall Shear Stress Measurement, Experiments in Fluids 48, 679–691.
39. Zhou T, Wang H, Razali S F M, Zhou Y and Cheng L 2010 Three-dimensional vorticity measurements in the wake of a yawed circular cylinder, Physics of Fluids 22, 015108 (15).
40. Alam M M, Zhou Y, Yang H X, Guo H, Mi J 2010 The ultra-low Reynolds number airfoil wake, Experiments in Fluids 48, 81–103.
41. Wang H F, Zhou Y 2009 The finite-length square cylinder near wake, Journal of Fluid Mechanics 638, 453-490.
42. Kim S, Alam M M, Sakamoto H, Zhou Y 2009 Flow-induced vibrations of two circular cylinders in tandem arrangement. Part 1: characteristics of vibration. Journal of Wind Engineering & Industrial Applications 97, 304-311.
43. Kim S, Alam M M, Sakamoto H, Zhou Y 2009 Flow-induced vibrations of two circular cylinders in tandem arrangement. Part 2: suppression of vibrations. Journal of Wind Engineering & Industrial Applications 97, 312-319.
44. Rinoshika, A & Zhou, Y 2009 Reynolds Number Effects on Wavelet Components of Self-preserving Turbulent Structures, Physical Review E 79, 046322 (11 pages).
45. Huang J F, Chan T L and Zhou Y 2009 Three-dimensional Flow Structure Measurements Behind a Queue of Studied Model Vehicles, International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, 30, 647-657.
46. Hu J & Zhou Y 2009 Aerodynamic characteristics of asymmetric bluff bodies, Journal of Fluids Engineering 131, 011206 (9 pages).
47. Zhang M M, Cheng L & Zhou Y 2009 Asynchronous control of vortex-induced acoustic cavity resonance using imbedded piezo-electric actuators, Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 126, 36-45.
48. Wang H F, Zhou Y, Zhou T M & Chan C K 2009 Momentum and heat transport in a finite-length-cylinder wake, Experiments in Fluids 46, 1173-1185.
49. Zhou T, Razali S F M, Zhou Y, Chua L P and Cheng L 2009 Dependence of the wake on cylinder inclination, Experiments in Fluids 46, 1125-1138.
50. Hu J & Zhou Y 2008 Flow structure behind two staggered circular cylinders. Part 1. Downstream evolution and classification. Journal of Fluid Mechanics 607, 51-80.
51. Hu J & Zhou Y 2008 Flow structure behind two staggered circular cylinders Part 2: Heat and momentum transport. Journal of Fluid Mechanics 607, 81-107.
52. Alam M M, Zhou Y 2008 An alternative drag coefficient in the wake of an isolated bluff body, Physical Review E 78, 036320 (9 pages).
53. Zhang M M, Zhou Y & Cheng L 2008 Control of Post-stall Airfoil Aerodynamics Based on Surface Perturbation, AIAA Journal 46, 2510-2519.
54. Hu J & Zhou Y 2008 Aerodynamic characteristics of asymmetric bluff bodies, Journal of Fluids Engineering (in press).
55. Chan T.L., Gosse K., Zhou Y., Lee S.C., Wang X.W. and Huang J.F. 2008 Effect of Rear Slant Angle on Flow Structures, and Pollutant Dispersion and Concentration Fields in the Wake of the Studied Model Vehicle. Int. J. Heat and Mass Transfer 51, 6180-6193.
56. Zhang H J, Zhou Y 2008 Leading-Edge-Surface-Manipulated Flow Separation from an Airfoil, Journal of Aircraft 45, 2171-2173.
57. Cheng L & Zhou Y 2008 Surface perturbation technique for flow-induced vibration and noise control, Journal of Sound and Vibration 310, 527-540.
58. Chan T L, Bao F B, Lin J Z, Zhou Y & Chan C K 2008 Temporal stability of a two-way coupled particle-laden jet, International Journal of Multiphase Flow 34, 176-187.
59. Hao Z, Zhou T, Zhou Y and Mi J 2008 Reynolds number dependence of the inertial range scaling of energy dissipation rate and enstrophy in a cylinder wake, Experiments in Fluids 44, 279-289.
60. Alam M M& Zhou Y 2008 Strouhal numbers, forces and flow structure around two tandem cylinders of different diameters, Journal of Fluids and Structures 24, 505-526.
61. Xu S J, Zhou Y and Tu J Y 2008 Two dimensionality of a cylinder wake in the presence of an oscillating upstream cylinder, Journal of Fluids and Structures 24, 467-480.
62. Alam M M& Zhou Y 2007 Fluid dynamics around a cable with water running, Journal of Fluid Mechanics 589, 261-303.
63. Alam M M& Zhou Y 2007 Phase lag between vortex shedding from two tandem bluff bodies, Journal of Fluids & Structures 23, 339-347.
64. Rinoshika, A & Zhou, Y 2007 Effects of Initial Conditions on Wavelet-Decomposed Structures in a Turbulent Far-Wake, International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow 28, 948-962.
65. Alam M M& Zhou Y 2007 Flow around two side-by-side closely spaced circular cylinders, Journal of Fluids & Structures 23, 799-805.
66. Wong, W O, Wang X W & Zhou Y 2007 Turbulent flow structure in a cylinder-on-cone cyclone, Journal of Fluids Engineering 129, 1179-1185.
67. Lin J.Z., Chan T.L., Liu S., Zhou K., Zhou Y. and Lee S.C. 2007 Effects of Coherent Structures on Nanoparticle Coagulation and Dispersion in a Round Jet, International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation 8, 45-54.
68. Xu S J, Zhou Y & Wang M H 2006 A symmetric binary vortex street behind a longitudinally oscillating cylinder, Journal of Fluid Mechanics 556, 27-43.
69. Zhou, Y &Yiu, M W 2006 Flow structure, momentum and heat transport in a two-tandem-cylinder wake, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 548, 17 - 48.
70. Zhang M M, Cheng L and Zhou Y 2006 Closed-loop Controlled Vortex-Airfoil Interactions, Physics of Fluids 18, 046102 (12 pages).
71. Alam M M, Sakamoto H & Zhou Y 2006 Effect of a T-shaped plate on reduction in fluid forces acting on two tandem circular cylinders in a cross-flow, Journal of Wind Engineering & Industrial Applications 94, 525-551.
72. Zhou T, Hao H, Chua L P and Zhou Y 2006 Comparisons of different approximations to energy dissipation rate in a self-preserving far wake, Physical Review E, 74, 056308
73. Zhou, T, Rinoshika A, Hao, Z, Zhou Y and Chua L P 2006 Wavelet Multi-resolution Analysis of the Three Vorticity Components in a Turbulent Far Wake, Physical Review E, 73, 036307-1-12.
74. Cheng L, Zhou Y & Zhang, M M 2006 Controlled Vortex-Induced Vibration on a Fix-Supported Flexible Cylinder in Crossflow, Journal of Sound and Vibration 292, 279-299.
75. Hu, J C, Zhou, Y & Dalton C 2006 Effects of the corner radius on the near wake of a square prism, Experiments in Fluids, 40, 106-118.
76. Huang J F, Zhou Y & Zhou T M 2006 Three-dimensional wake structure measurement using a modified PIV technique, Experiments in Fluids 40, 884-896.
77. Zhang H J, Zhou Y, Whitelaw J H 2006 Near-Field Wing-Tip Vortices and Exponential Vortex Solution, Journal of Aircraft, 43, 445-449.
78. Rinoshika A, Zhou T & Zhou Y 2006 Orthogonal Wavelet-decomposed 3-D Vorticity of a Turbulent Far Wake, JSME International Journal Series B: Fluids and Thermal Engineering 49, 1149-1155.
79. Lemaitre C, Alam M, Hémon P, de Langre E & Zhou Y 2006 Rainwater rivulets on a cable subject to wind, Comptes-Rendus de Mécanique 334, 158-163.
80. Wang H F, Zhou Y, Chan C K & Lam K S 2006 Effect of initial conditions on interaction between a boundary layer and a wall-mounted finite-length cylinder wake, Physics of Fluids 18, 065106 (12 pages).
81. Rinoshika, A & Zhou, Y 2005 Orthogonal Wavelet Multi-Resolution Analysis of a Turbulent Cylinder Wake, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 524, 229 - 248.
82. Rinoshika, A & Zhou, Y 2005 Effects of initial conditions on a wavelet-decomposed turbulent near-wake, Physical Review E, 71, 046303-1 – 8.
83. Zhang, M M, Zhou Y & Cheng L 2005 Control of Vortex-induced Non-resonance Vibration using Piezo-ceramic Actuators Embedded in a Structure, Smart Materials & Structures 14, 1217-1226.
84. Wang Z J, Zhou Y, Huang J F &Xu Y L 2005 Fluid dynamics around an inclined cylinder with running water rivulets, Journal of Fluids and Structures 21, 49-64.
85. Zhang, M M, Zhou Y & Cheng L 2005 Closed-Loop-Manipulated Wake of A Stationary Square Cylinder, Experiments in Fluids, 39, 75-85.
86. Xu, G & Zhou, Y 2005 Momentum and heat transport in a turbulent cylinder wake beind a streamwise oscillating cylinder, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 48, 4062-4072.
87. Alam, M M, Sakamoto, H & Zhou, Y 2005 Flow structure around and aerodynamic forces on two staggered circular cylinders, Journal of Fluids and Structures 21, 363-394.
88. Zhang, H J, Huang, L X & Zhou Y 2005 Aerodynamic loading on a cylinder behind an airfoil, Experiments in Fluids, 38, 588-593.
89. Wang, Z. J. & Zhou, Y. 2005 Vortex Interactions in a Two Side-by-Side Cylinder Near-Wake, International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow 26, 362-377.
90. Wang, Z J & Zhou, Y 2005 Vortex-induced vibration characteristics of an elastic square cylinder on fixed supports. Journal of Fluids Engineering, 127, 241-249.
91. Xu, G & Zhou, Y 2004 Strouhal numbers in the wake of two inline cylinders, Experiments in Fluids 37, 248-256.
92. Zhang, M M, Cheng, L & Zhou, Y 2004 Closed-Loop-Controlled Vortex Shedding and Vibration of A Flexibly Supported Square Cylinder Under Different Schemes, Physics of Fluids 16, 1439-1448.
93. Wang, Z. J., Zhou, Y., Wang, X. W. & Jin W 2004 Temperature measurements on a heated cylinder placed in a cylinder near-wake using a fiber-optic Bragg grating sensor, ASME Transactions-Journal of Heat Transfer 126, 62-69.
94. Zhang, M M, Cheng, L & Zhou, Y 2004 Closed-loop control of fluid-structure interactions on a flexibly supported cylinder, European Journal of Mechanics B/Fluids 23, 189-197.
95. Yiu, M. W., Zhou, Y., Zhou, T. & Cheng, L. 2004 Reynolds number effects on 3-D vorticity in a turbulent wake, AIAA Journal 42, 1009-1016.
96. Yiu, M W, Zhou, Y & Zhu, Y 2004 Passive scalar transport in a turbulent cylinder wake in the presence of a downstream cylinder, Flow, Turbulence and Combustion, 72, 449-461.
97. Mi, J, Zhou, Y & Zhu, Y 2004 Reynolds number effects on passive scalars in a turbulent plane wake, Flow, Turbulence and Combustion, 72, 311-331.
98. Shi CZ, Ho HL, Jin W, Chan CC, Chan PKC, Zhou Y, Liao YB 2004 Noise limit in heterodyne interferometer demodulator for FBG-based sensors, IEEE Journal of Lightwave Technology 22, 2287-2295.
99. Zhang M M, Zhou Y & Cheng L 2003 Vortex control in a flexibly supported cylinder wake, AIAA Journal 41, 1500-1506.
100. Zhou, Y. 2003 Vortical Structures behind Three Side-by-Side Cylinders, Experiments in Fluids 34, 68-76.
101. Lai, W.C., Zhou, Y., So, R.M.C. & Wang, T. 2003 Interference between a stationary and a vibrating cylinder wake, Physics of Fluids 15, 1687-1695.
102. Xu, S. J., Zhou, Y. and So, R. M. C. 2003 Reynolds number effects on the flow structure behind two side-by-side cylinders, Physics of Fluids 15, 1214-1219.
103. Zhou, T, Zhou, Y, Yiu, M W and Chua, L. P. 2003 Three-dimensional vorticity in a turbulent cylinder wake, Expts in Fluids 35 459-471.
104. Cheng L, Zhou Y & Zhang, M M 2003 A perturbation on interactions between vortex shedding and free vibration, Journal of Fluids and Structures 17, 887-901.
105. Zhang, H. J., Zhou, Y., So, R. M. C., Mignolet, M. P. & Wang, Z. J. 2003 A note on the fluid damping of an elastic cylinder in a cross flow. Journal of Fluids and Structures 17, 479-483.
106. Wang, Z. J., Zhou, Y. and So, R.M.C. 2003 Vortex-Induced Vibration Characteristics of Two Fix-Supported Elastic Cylinders, Journal of Fluids Engineering 125, 551-560 .
107. Zhou, Y and Li, H 2003 Comparison Between screen and triangular far-wakes, Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science 27, 629 - 637.
108. Chan, T L, Zhou, Y, Liu, M H & Leung, C W 2003 Mean flow and turbulent measurements of the impingement wall jet on a semi-circular convex surface, Experiments in Fluids 34, 140-149.
109. Wang, Z. J., Zhou, Y., Wang, X. W. and Jin, W. 2003 A fibre-optic Bragg grating sensor for simultaneous static and dynamic temperature measurement on a heated cylinder in cross-flow, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 46, 2983-2992.
110. Li, H & Zhou, Y 2003 Comparison between triangular cylinder and screen near-wakes in the orthogonal wavelet representation, JSME International Journal Series B: Fluids and Thermal Engineering, 46, 366-376.
111. Shi, C Z, Chan, C C, Jin, W, Liao, Y B, Zhou Y &Demokan, M S 2003 Improving the performance of a FBG sensor network using a generic algorithm, Sensors and Actuators, 107, 57-61.
112. Zhou, Y., Zhang, H. J. &Yiu, M.W.: 2002 The Turbulent Wake of Two Side-by-Side Circular Cylinders, J. Fluid Mech. 458, 303-332.
113. Ho H L, Jin, W, Chan, C C, Zhou Y, Wang X W 2002 A Fibre Bragg grating sensor for static and dynamic measurands, Sensors and Actuators 96, 21-24.
114. Shi CZ, Chan CC, Zhang M, Ju J, Jin W, Liao YB, Zhang Y, Zhou Y 2002 Simultaneous interrogation of multiple fiber Bragg grating sensors for dynamic strain measurements, Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials, 4, 937-941.
115. Chan, T.L., Leung, C.W,, Jambunathan, K., Ashforth-Frost, S., Zhou, Y. & Liu, M.H. 2002 Heat transfer characteristics of a slot jet impinging on a semi-circular convex surface, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer , 45, 993-1006.
116. Zhang, H. J. & Zhou, Y. 2001 Effect of Unequal Cylinder Spacing on Vortex Streets behind Three Side-by-Side Cylinders. Physics of Fluids, 13, 3675-3686.
117. Zhou, Y., Wang, Z. J., So, R. M. C., Xu, S.J. and Jin, W. 2001 Free vibrations of two side-by-side cylinders in a cross flow, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 443, 197-229.
118. Liu, Y., So, R.M.C., Lau, Y.L. & Zhou Y. 2001. Numerical studies of two side-by-side elastic cylinders in a cross-flow, Journal of Fluids and Structures, 15, 1009-1030.
119. Tu, J.Y., Fletcher, C. A. J., Zhou, Y &Morsi, Y. S.: 2001. Computational analysis of turbulent gas-particle flow in tube banks using a two-way coupling model, Chemical Engineering Communications, 188, 207-229.
120. Zhou, Y., So, R.M.C., Liu, M.H. & Zhang, H.J.: 2000. Complex Turbulent Wakes Generated by Two and Three Side-by-Side Cylinders. International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, 12, 125-133.
121. Jin, W., Zhou, Y., Chan, P.K.C. &Xu, H.G.: 2000. “An optical fibre Bragg grating sensor for flow-induced structural vibration measurement,” Sensors and Actuators. 79, 36-45.
122. So, R.M.C., Zhou, Y. & Liu, M.H. 2000. Free Vibrations of an Elastic Cylinder in a Cross Flow and Their Effects on the Near Wake, Expts. in Fluids, 29, 130-144.
123. Zhang H.J., Zhou, Y. & Antonia, R.A.: 2000. Longitudinal and spanwise structures in a turbulent wake, Physics of Fluids, 12, 2954-2964.
124. Zhou, Y., So, R.M.C., Jin, W, Xu, H.G. and Chan, P.K.C.: 1999. “Dynamic Strain Measurements of a Circular Cylinder in a Cross Flow Using a Fibre Bragg Grating Sensor”, Expts. in Fluids, 27, 359 - 367.
125. Zhou, Y., Tsang, W.K. & Antonia, R.A.: 1999. "Vortical structures in a turbulent far-wake: effect of Reynolds number”, Fluid Dynamics Research, 25, 293-314.
126. Zhou, Y., Antonia, R.A. & Tsang, W.K.: 1999. “The effect of the Reynolds number on the Reynolds stresses and vorticity in a turbulent far-wake”, Journal of Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, 18, 291-298.
127. Zhou, Y., Antonia, R.A. & Tsang, W.K.: 1998. “The effect of the Reynolds number on a turbulent far-wake”, Expts. in Fluids, 25, 118-125.
128. Zhou, Y. & Antonia, R. A.: 1995. “Memory Effects in Turbulent Plane Wakes”, Experiments in Fluids, 19, 112-120.
129. Zhou, Y. & Antonia, R. A.: 1994. “Effect of Initial Conditions on Structures in a Turbulent Near-Wake”, AIAA Journal, 32, 1207-1213.
130. Zhou, Y. & Antonia, R. A.: 1994. “A Study of Flow Properties Near Critical Points in the Near Wake of a Circular Cylinder”, Journal of Applied Scientific Research, 53, 249-261.
131. Zhou, Y. & Antonia, R. A.: 1994.” Effect of Initial Conditions on Structures in a Turbulent Far-Wake”, Journal of JSME, 37, 718-724 (invited paper).
132. Zhou, Y. & Antonia, R. A.: 1994. “Critical Points in a Turbulent Near-Wake”, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 275, 59-81.
133. Zhou, Y. & Antonia, R. A.:1993. “A Study of Turbulent Vortices in the Wake of a Cylinder”, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 253, 643-661.
134. Antonia, R. A., Zhou, Y. &Matsumara, M.: 1993. “Spectral Characteristics of Momentum and Heat Transfer in the Turbulent Wake of a Circular Cylinder”, Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science , 6, 371-375.
135. Zhou, Y. & Antonia, R. A.: 1992.” Convection Velocity Measurements in a Cylinder Wake”, Experiments in Fluids, 13, 63-70.
Published more than 100 international conference papers, gave more than 50 presentations in international conferences. Following is a list of keynote speeches or specially invited talks:
• “Surface-based active skin friction drag reduction”, FOR 1779 Symposium: Active Drag Reduction via Wavy Surface Oscillations, Nov 20-21, 2014, Aachen, Germany
• “Surface-perturbation-based drag reduction in a turbulent boundary layer”, FOR 1779 Symposium: Active Drag Reduction via Wavy Surface Oscillations, Feb 20-21, 2014, Aachen, Germany
•“Active control of turbulence and fluid-structure interactions”, Symposium of GDR 2502 "Control of separated flows", Nov 7-8, 2013, Lille, France.
•“Skin Friction Drag Reduction Based on Local Small Surface Perturbation”, 1st Symposium on Fluid-Structure-Sound Interactions and Control, July 28-31, 2011, Yinchuan, China.
• “Surface-perturbation-based drag reduction in a turbulent boundary layer”, 2011 Congress of Chinese Society of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (CSTAM2011) –Memorial of Professor XueshengQian’s 100th Birthday (中国力学大会-2011暨钱学森诞辰100周年纪念大会), Aug 22-24, 2011, Harbin. No. E03-0023.
•Microjet-controlled turbulent round jet, The 10th Asian Symposium on Visualization, March 1-5, 2010, Chennai, India.
• “Fluid dynamics and mechanisms of rain-wind-induced cable vibrations”, 7th National Experimental Fluid Mechanics Conference, Aug 23-27, 2007, Beidaihe (P R China).
• “Turbulent flow control based on small perturbations”, 2007 Congress of Chinese Society of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (CSTAM2007) – Celebration of the 50th Birthday of Chinese Society of Mechanics, Aug 19-22, 2007, Beijing.
• “Flow structure, momentum and heat transport in a two-tandem-cylinder wake”, 7th National Congress of Turbulence and Flow Instabilities. Peking University. Beijing, Aug 2004.